Helping Books Take Flight Since 2010
Condor Book Tours is a book publicity service of NBCOM. We help authors, publishers, publicists and nonprofits connect their publications with audiences. We specialize in promoting literary works by Latin@ and Indigenous authors and content which highlights the unique experiences of peoples of the Americas, where Condor meets Eagle.
Current Book Promotions
Spirited Leadership: 52 Ways to Build Trust
by Ellen Castro
About Condor Book Tours
Condor Book Tours exists to support authors of books who do not fit within the confines of the current model of mainstream publishing; whether it's content that pushes the boundaries of complacent ideology, or does not come from the dominant perspective, or simply tells great stories that mega-publishing houses don't see as "money-makers".
- Because less than 2% of published books in the United States of America come from indigenous voices, and less than 10% come from Latino (Mestizo) voices.
- Because there are more books published ABOUT indigenous peoples and non-white people of the Americas by white authors than by our own people.
- Because all children are being starved of the common knowledge and history of who they are.
- Because we have a strong culture around storytelling that goes back millennia.
- Because our voices have been, and continue to be, some of the brightest and finest literary voices in the world.
- Because through omission and racist propaganda, we are constantly fed the lie that our people and our ancestors have contributed nothing of value in the history of humanity.
Because "when the Eagle of the North flies with the Condor of the South, the Spirit of the Land: She will reawaken."
We are currently working on developing partnerships with youth and other disenfranchised communities to train and offer opportunities in book reviewing. We believe that self and community empowerment comes from hearing one's own voice find a place (inclusion) in the conversation.
Interested in joining us? Contact us. We'd love to talk to you.
These are our stories. These are our lives. This is our [bright, beautiful] future.